If you’ve got a little reader on your hands, you know how important it is to continue introducing them to new stories and allowing them to explore different types of literature. However, buying physical books can get expensive quickly, and the library isn’t always the most convenient option for young kids. For some families free books on Kindle are a great route to take.
If you want to give your children access to thousands of great books for free, you can download a wide selection of free children’s books directly from the Kindle store. Kids can read Kindle books on all sorts of devices, including kindles, phones, ipads, tablets and on PCs.
Free kids books on Kindle
Below, you’ll find just a small sampling of what Amazon has to offer for beginner readers for free.
- Grimm’s Fairy Stories by Jacob Grimm
- Bedtime Stories for Kids: Short Bedtime Stories For Children Ages 4-8 by Uncle Amon
- Bedtime Stories for Kids: Unicorns and Their Magic Friends to Make Your Toddler Relax and Sleep all Night Long Avoiding Night Awakenings by Emma Writer
- Illustrated Would You Rather?: Jokes and Game Book for Children Age 5-11 by Dr. Shh
- Anyone Can Draw Cats: Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Tutorial for Kids, Teens, and Beginners by Julia Smith
- Food Network Magazine The Big, Fun Kids Baking Book Free 14-Recipe Sampler! by Food Network Magazine
- Anyone Can Draw Unicorns: Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Tutorial for Kids, Teens, and Beginners by Julia Smith
- Truth or Poop? Amazing Animal Facts: A True or False Quiz Book for Curious 7+ Readers by James Warwood
- Random Galaxy Spot The Difference Book: Fun Game For Kids and Adults by Random Galaxy
- Budding Reader Book Set 1: Cat and Rat by Melinda Thompson and Melissa Ferrell
- Today I Am Mad: Self-Regulation Skills Book 1 by Michael Gordon
- Dragon’s Breath: Emotions & Feelings Book 1 by Michael Gordon
- The Good Mood Book by John Arvai III
- Alphabeti-cool by Rebecca Bielawski
- Molly Waits Her Turn (The Everyday Adventures of Papa & Paws Book 1) by Papa Paws
- Oscar the Mouse in… A House for a Mouse! by Lisette Star
- Cedric The Shark Gets Toothache! by Kay Carter
- A Day at the Playground by Daniele Ounsouglo
- BODY SWAP: Catastrophe!!! by Katrina Kahler
- The Tale of the Clownfish and the Great Shark by Lily Lexington
- The Things I’m Grateful For: Short Stories About Being Thankful and Grateful for Kids by Arnie Lightning
- LOL: Funny Jokes and Riddles for Kids by Johnny B. Laughing
- I Shrunk My Best Friend! – Book 1 – Ooops! by Katrina Kahler and John Zakour
- Good Deeds Gone Wrong by Ruthie Godfrey
- Kurious Katz by Niki Mitchell
- Knock Knock!: Funny Knock Knock Jokes for Kids by Johnny B. Laughing
For more free reading materials in all genres, check out the JustKindleBooks free books page!